MTS Company Information
Melbourne Testing Services Pty Ltd (MTS) has been a provider of mechanical, structural testing and calibration services since 1999 and is a employee owned and operated business. The Managing Director, Rod Wilkie, has over 25 years of experience in mechanical testing, structural testing and laboratory management.
MTS is a public testing company that provides testing and calibration services to manufacturers and consumers to ensure that their products conform to design specifications and Australian and International Standards. MTS specialises in mechanical and structural testing services including destructive testing, proof load testing and research and development.
MTS also offers calibration services for force measuring devices, load cells, force gauges and hydraulic jacks and rams.
Our skilled employees have a professional attitude and in addition to the above services can provide consultancy for failure analysis, prototype testing, structural integrity, site inspection and on-site services, with an emphasis on quality and client confidentiality.
MTS is accredited with the National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA) and complies with the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025 ensuring that all testing and calibrations are carried out in accordance with strict quality control initiatives and all relevant Australian and International Standards are adhered to.
MTS Equipment Capabilities
The MTS NATA accredited laboratory is equipped with a range of calibration and mechanical and structural testing equipment ranging from 200N to 20MN including the following:
- 25kN electromechanical testing machine suitable for static testing
- 300kN electromechanical, universal testing machines that operate using a closed loop computer control system, enabling accurate test results for a large range of tension, shear and compression tests. These machines are versatile and can be used for experimental or routine testing, such as reinforcing steel for concrete
- 500kN servo hydraulic structural testing capability with the latest software suitable for static and dynamic testing
- Instron 500kN testing machines operating with the latest software, providing static and dynamic test methods for the determination of strength and fatigue life properties
- 2,000kN (2MN) concrete compression testing machines
- 5000 kN (5MN) compression and 2000kN (2MN) tension testing machines
- 20,000kN (20MN) compression test rig. This machine is unique in its high force capacity with only and handful of its kind available in the southern hemisphere.
MTS Quality Statement
Management and Employees of MTS are committed to:
- A high level of service
- Good professional practice ensuring that the quality of our testing and calibrations are of the highest standard for our clients
- Quality and Timeliness
- Fairness, Trustworthiness and Honesty
- Client Confidentiality
- Conducting tests and calibrations in accordance with the stated methods and our clients’ requirements
- Continuous Improvement and Community Expectations
- Complying with the requirements of AS ISO/IEC 17025 and continually improving the effectiveness of the MTS Quality Management System